Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cowrie Shell Tank

After spending four days visiting my sister, I am sorry to say that not much was accomplished. It had been such a long time for the both of us, we ended up spending the majority of our time catching up.
We did, however, manage to work on one of the projects I was supposed to post last week, an up cycled sun dress turned tank that needed the band sewn on.
Front of tank top on genevieve

Funny thing happened while fixing the band. I had to put it on (to allow for the stretch) and have my sister baste it. She ended up perma basting me into the shirt and we had to cut the seam to get me out!   Thankfully, after all that, and a mini vacation from my vacation, I have a completed project and we are back on board!
Back of tank top
I especially love the design, as well as colors of this tank. It reminded me of something from Africa. I found a cowrie shell flower from an old belt and used it to accent the band. The straps have been braided into two loops that catch each other in the back.
Hope you enjoy.
~ Nenah

No comments:

Post a Comment