Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sierra Nevada


So I ended up going to the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival. I said I wasn't gonna go, but then my friends were able to hook me up with a backstage pass(free) soo I couldn't resist the temptation! I met Prezident Brown, his wife and his cute new baby, whom looks like a little mini Prez! My daughter and I danced to Anthony B and shopped the fabulous vending booths.

I was good though, I didn't buy any clothes! The only thing I bought was a spirulina smoothie from the raw food booth...mmmm! If I had brought more money with me I would have raped at least five vending booths! Serious!! My favorite vendor, Solsis, was there doing her thing. This woman was one of the inspirations for Sia Jahta! She hand makes her own clothes with her own artwork on them. Its just real simple designs, but the fabric is great and they are very stylish! Kellie and I both own a few of her items, and after seeing how they were made, the light bulbs were glowing! Anyway, the rest is history!


I'm still feeling behind in my work, my serger is still mad at me and classes started today,yay! In case anyone is wondering I am going back to school for nursing, fun! It's summer classes though, so its only a month and loads of homework:). I am not worried though, I will still have plenty of time for festivals, swimming, sewing and suntanning! I am putting the finishing touches on the clothes I showed last week so I will share the pictures when they are finished.




Yesterday I took the day to spend mama-daughter time! Everyday is special with her, but yesterday was extra special.
We did laundry, ate dairy-free ice cream on a stick, swam in the river, suntanned on dry river clay, and then topped off the evening by making lentil-walnut burgers together!


They turned out super yummy! Oh, and we also picked fresh broccoli from our garden to have on the side!
Well, better get back to sewing and homework, and dishes, and gardening, and mommy time...and...exercising.....and...pant.....stuff...Ohm...peace-Nenah

1 comment:

  1. Menah (NenahMenah)July 1, 2011 at 9:38 AM

    You have so much fun!!!! I would have bought the peacock wall hanging though:D

    ReplyDelete